Saturday, October 15, 2016

My Cup Runneth Over


Recovery was not a smooth as we fist thought.

This is a forgotten blog post from May! :-/

My gratefulness still applies so here it is.....

*****************************************************


Home. Safe. Happy.


We are so grateful for the nursing staff at GRH & Dr Oates' surgeon Dr Samuels, whose care for our Maggs was really above & beyond.




He specifically instructed for her to be watched closely & monitored overnight (most of the other morning tonsillectomy kids went home in the arvo) as she had been tachycardic since her Op & so he knew that she was not accepting enough pain relief to make herself comfortable.


He visited her this morning and told her to accept the pain relief and give her little body a break & be comfortable again after such a long time of illness.


She shed one little tear....my strong little girl....



Once we got her home, showered & medicated her, her colour returned almost instantly.


We are now all tucked up in bed enjoying our family being close around us. Such a difference to Christmas I could just cry.


My favourite memory is singing to Maggs in recovery to bring her heart rate down to more acceptable levels. The nurses oohed & aahed like they had arrived at the 'happily ever after' part of a beautiful love story lol.



Am very touched my singing has that effect on anyone. :-)


You may notice my fb page quietly slip offline on Monday, for a week or so, as I bunker down with my little family, and focus on keeping things ticking over, school wise, while also caring for Maggs.


















Thank you so much everyone for your continued prayers. 

I thank you from the very bottom of my heart.




















"My cup runneth over." 

Psalm 23:5 KJB abridged.

xxx



Psalm 23 King James Version (KJV)


"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.

Amen."

















No comments:

Post a Comment